Saturday, May 01, 2010

Justlife Earthday : Green ribbon movement

Today is Saturday, and it has been four whole days since I came home from camp and had Internet access, but this blog lies dormant as ever. The fault is mine, for I could've made time to coax life back into here, but I did not.

But here I am today. I sit here on the sofa in a resort on Frasers Hill, and the air is perfectly chilly and if I crane my neck to the left, a stunning avalanche of green tumbles into my view. Here I am surrounded by tree after tree, forest after forest. It's gorgeous. I close my eyes and feel at peace knowing that I am now in the middle of a massive carbon sink, and I wish that other parts of the world could be like this too. Over at camp it's constantly stuffy and warm, and we're always sweating. Is this global warming then? Right at our doorstep.

From where i stand, i still see many people who do not concern themselves with being green -- but then there are those who DO care, and there are those who are doing something about their concerns. Just last weekend there was the Mega Earth Day celebration in Kota Damansara Community Forest, which i so unfortunately had to miss out on due to my compulsory presence in camp. Then there was this morning, yet another of the month tree planting efforts.

And then there's this, Justlife.

Justlife is a series of organic shops that first started off in 1999 in Malaysia and has gone on and expanded into more than 5 stores across Selangor, Malacca and Penang. Their Facebook page is here and recently they have started a Green Ribbon Movement, in which you spot or create your own green ribbon, take a picture of it, and post it on the wall of their Facebook page.

And it's just so cool. Here are a few of the photos that have been submitted recently --




Aaaand, their humorously suggestive video :)


Hey, even you can participate, so how about it? Go on and promote environmental awareness today? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment