Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gratitude Journal : For life that keeps on going

Gooood morning, people!

I'm back for good this time :) actually, i've been back for almost a week, but slipped into a nasty procrastination phase regarding this blog. Sorry :C (i'm hoping that) this post will kickstart the resurrection of this blog to regular posts, as i can feel myself needing that positivity buzz again.

So what's been happening while i was away? Lots, apparently. So many events, environmental and otherwise. And much has been happening within myself too, sometimes creating the illusion of conflict and unrest in my soul -- but all is well. Us living our lives is like a process unfolding itself, and everything that happens is all part of the process, anyway -- and what an amazing process this is.

In the past one and a half months i have found myself caught in one too many unpleasant situations that caused me much frustration. More often than not i questioned myself and let doubt take over my thoughts. Why am i here? Beyond that, i even started believing this self-doubt and began drawing out my own conclusions -- this is such a waste of time; there's no point to all of this! I hate it here... and then all these negative thoughts festered into something else that made me so miserable....

....until i realized that i was just resisting -- and in resisting, i was making myself unhappy and blind to the beauty of what was around me. And that is the most important thing that i have learnt thus far -- that it is crucial for us to learn to adapt to the situation that we are put in so that we can move on past what we think we see to what really is - that every moment is perfect, and nothing is ever really pointless, and that we just have to trust.

I have so much to blog about -- about National Service and camp, and the airplanes that roam the Paya Indah skies, and the bonds that are created there, and the incredible highs and lows (that i experienced). But for now i simply resolve to relax. And slow down. And stop chewing so fast, or making rash decisions, or run through my day like there's no tomorrow. In fact, i challenge myself to slow down, as that's what it's turning out to be. I become antsy and nervous and insecure should i find myself with too much free time on my hands, and that ain't right. Like a friend at camp said, you're only 18 this year, what is 3 more weeks of your life anyway?

And that applies to you, even if you're 25, or 35, or 45, or 55. You're still young, believe me. Slow down, and enjoy the moments. Live. Listen. I wish i had, when that friend dispensed that particular piece of advise to me at the time.

Stay amazing you all, till the next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment