Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Braving it out

I have always been attracted to the idea of piercing your (ear) cartilage. There's no other way for me to describe this notion other than that i find it superbly cool. Unfortunately, my dreams were crushed when the one whom i confided this to told me that it hurts really bad when you pierce that spot.

Apparently. You'd be poking a hole in your bone.

MOREOVER. Someone actually went blind after piercing his cartilage once? The horrors. When i'd heard, i laid off the dream for a while, until i went to high school and saw numerous people with piercings all over their ears. And they weren't blind!


My amazing friend who decided to accompany me in my pain, also terrified. :D

So anyway, the idea has been playing around in my head for a while, and after deciding that i couldn't be so lucky as to go blind just by piercing my cartilage, i went for it.

And got two piercings on the cartilage.

On each ear.


Yes. *thumbs up* It's all still awesome.

What i did was, i went to a store in a mall and got it done with a gun. Which i have just found out is extremely bad, actually, because apparently the gun can shatter your cartilage (!!!). My ear's still fine (now) though.

Basically, what people say on the forums are :
- never get it done with a gun (can't be sterilized).
- always go for the needle. At professional places.

I did neither. I promise to keep you posted if my ear starts mutating.

As for what i was so terrified about, it surprisingly didn't hurt that much. My imagination distorted my perspectives so much that i imagined the pain to be so intense that i'd go into shock or die on the spot, or something. According to the wise ones on forums, though, this all varies with the person's pain tolerance :) for me, it hurt just about as much as a lobe piercing would hurt, which is pretty much still tolerable.



Would this be a bad way to reinvent myself? I think not :) i'm glad i went ahead and did it anyway.

No regrets! Question of the day -- what fears borne by your mind will you challenge today?

With joy,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment