Saturday, March 06, 2010

Gratitude Journal : Self-awareness

Goooooooood morning, amazing people!


Of late i have come to view life with a sort of optimism. I was telling a friend how things always fall into place, and he responded, "I envy you. The youth's hope." which made me feel rather sad, for is hope something that we only carry when we are young? As we grow older, do we stop believing that we can save the world? Do we slowly begin to not even bother to try?

When we 'grow up', and we see with our own eyes how ugly the world and it's people can sometimes be, can we not avoid becoming jaded? And in that case, is that not faith's call to action? For faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see -- William Newton Clarke said that.

I admit i am rather naive. I have never had a firsthand encounter with the ugly part of human nature, which is probably why my naivety continues to survive. After all, i am only 17 years old. What of the world have i seen? Despite this, i continue to believe, albeit stubbornly, that i will not lose this optimism.

Perhaps believe is the wrong word. Perhaps resolve would be a better word.

I will not stop believing in the goodness of human nature.

I will not lose faith in the ways of the world.

Today, i am grateful for this hope that twists in my tummy and alights in my soul. I am grateful that i have learnt to be happy despite unchanging external conditions.

Today, i am grateful for all the mistakes that i have made, and the opportunities that i have missed, because they have all been screwed up perfectly. This now moment that you're living in right now is the only one that you know you have for sure, so pick up all your "should have"s and "if only"s, throw 'em OUT, and just enjoy the ride.


(source)
Thank you.

Finally, I am grateful for my understanding of all that I have mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment